Friday, June 24, 2011

Wandering thoughts as I wandered

Wow, been a busy week for me… I haven’t even written much here, not that anything exciting has happened.

Tuesday was my only night off, as I previously wrote, but one thing I didn’t talk about (and I’m not sure why…) was that I stopped at one of my favorite stores to just wander through – Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Honestly, I don’t care about 60% of the store, but the kitchen section… oh, baby, bring it on!

As I wandered the isles of cutting boards and egg slicers, I started bemusing about all the gadgets and gizmos sitting there.  Every specific job in the kitchen has a specific tool that specializes in just that job.  I wonder if anyone actually owns all of them?!  I mean, really, who has a kitchen THAT big?!  Haha  But I also found myself making a mental “gift registry” in my head.  A knife that caught my attention, a new food processor, or an attachment for my Kitchen Aid.  It didn’t take long before I knew I had to get out of there, to save my sanity – and my desire to buy something!

Anyone else make mental wish lists while walking through a store?