Friday, June 3, 2011

Brain Dump

While I know that I've previously used this blog as a way to "store" information for future use, even making the blog private at one point, I am thinking it's time to start writing again. That's not to say I won't still post information-passing posts, either...

In the past few months, I've been getting used to Twitter, getting accustomed to reading blogs every day (more on that later...), and have been commenting on many of them. That's probably where this desire to start writing comes from...

I hate to admit it, but until very recently, my cooking for the last year or so has revolved around frozen pizza and pasta. Nothing worth taking a picture of, that's for sure. Last night, I cooked for the duty crew at the ambo company. I wasn't sure of the recipe, so I adlibbed where I needed to, but overall, not a single complaint was heard, and since there wasn't much in the way of leftovers, I'll assume they liked it.


Grilled steak with olive tapenade, roasted potatoes and tomatoes, with steamed veggies.

I've been giving a lot of thought to the Culinary lately. I can't think of anything I would rather do than attend classes at the best culinary school there is... but there just seems to be so many roadblocks in the path. First and foremost is the cost... and with the divorce-debt weighing me down, getting any sort of help doesn't seem reasonable. Finding time to go work (for near-minimum wages, I'm sure...) at a restaurant for six months isn't an easy hurdle to get over, either. It's not like I'm a high school kid with no other responsibilities. I've been mulling it over, trying to see if I can find a path through all of the obstacles. I'm sure there will be more to follow...

Blogs. Yeah, I think I am becoming addicted. I have a whole list of them that I've begun following. (hmm, side note... really need to update my blog listings here...) But I wanted to pass along a few that I have really enjoyed reading - Hope you enjoy them, too!

http://www.italktofood.com/
http://www.livelifeeatright.com/
http://www.cherryteacakes.com/
http://www.peanutbutterjenny.com/