Monday, June 27, 2011

Change is inevitable

I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas of getting to my goals... Not giving up, just feeling frustrated.  Or maybe it's just exhaustion...

I have been keeping two blogs, off and on - this one, and another that was more of my "workout" blog.  But this one here, I think, can do both tasks... sure, this started as simply a culinary experiment, but maybe now it needs to morph into a healthy living experiment - "let's all watch as Jason rids his body of all the nasty crap he's been eating for the last decade!"  haha  Haven't decided if I'm going to move everything from the old blog over to this one, or if I'm just going to do a "from here on out" switch...

I've done a few comparisons of my new Garmin 310XT HR monitor along with my old Polar monitor... for the most part, everything seems about the same - a heart beat or two off here and there, and the calories burned is a bit off, but I think that's because I haven't set the Zones in for me yet.  I think I may stop wearing them both - it's a bit uncomfortable, and distracting, to have two bands, two watches, and two sets of data.  So what I think I may do is wear the GPS for anything outside - running, walking, biking, etc.  And then wear the old Polar inside - treadmill, exercise bike, etc.  We'll see how that develops, too.

I was supposed to cook all sorts of goodies this weekend, while I was on duty at the station, but every time I started to prep, we would get a call, or there would be a meeting starting, or something.  I never got around to it.  In fact, we didn't even eat dinner last night until almost 2100!  (that's 9pm for you non-military time folks...)  But dinner was fabulous.  Fresh corn on the cob, chicken breasts smothered in a doctored-up BBQ sauce, a rice concoction, and rolls left over from breakfast.  I didn't do all the cooking, and I didn't get any pics, but trust me - it was good.

Today also marks the first OFFICIAL day of my Marine Corps Marathon training plan - the first email came this morning.  20 minutes of Cross Training.  I have to work a Keys baseball game tonight, so not sure if I'll do it tonight, or tomorrow morning, but we will see.  Let the fun (and pain...) begin.