Monday, June 6, 2011

Cheating...

So tonight I had a realization... some nights, I just like to cheat.  Not completely, mind you, but still.  Take tonight for instance...

I got home late from work... and was starving.  So I threw a frozen "complete meal" in a skillet, and turned the stove on.  I cheated.  I didn't cook from scratch.

My "frozen meal-in-a-bag"


But not completely... while the meal may be decent on its own, I always add to them.  Tonight, it was Alfredo Chicken, which I added some local white wine to, and a few odds-and-ends spices from the cabinet.  Voila!  It's my creation... sort of.  Think of it as my culinary version of Frankenstein.  :-)

While not completely proud of this, it did put a decent meal with good flavors in my belly, in under half an hour - without having to go to the super-mart.  <shrug>  So sue me...