Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Interest: The Raw Side

Lately, I have been more and more interested in the raw side of things...meaning sushi. I have been eating sushi for a long time now, and have liked most everything I have tried. It never occurred to me that it could be prepared at home! I was watching "Dinner Impossible" on my favorite tv channel, and one of the dishes being prepared was a sushi platter. The sushi chef stopped his work to show the star chef some sushi prep tips, and it dawned on me that I could do that!

Embracing my love of technology, I immediately set about researching on the internet...but you can only believe so much of that. I've gotten a couple books, and found a few blogs, so I'm feeling fairly read-up. And surprisingly, it doesn't seem nearly as difficult as I had thought it would be. It looks like an art form, and it truly is...but it's one that also is easy to break down into doable pieces, so that someone like me can learn to do it! I just might have to give it a try one of these nights.