Friday, August 26, 2011

Open House, Take 2

I am really excited about next Tuesday… the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York, is holding an open house for career changers. Namely, for me.

While I have already been to one open house before, it was aimed at fresh high school graduates… a different element than myself.
And I’ll be honest – I was a bit shell-shocked by the beauty of the place, too.

This trip, I am going in prepared. I have a list of questions ready – about obtaining experience, about financial aid, about being a thirty-something’er going to college with a bunch of teens. I was recently there, so the shell-shock factor should be at a minimum. And I plan to arrive a good hour or two early, to get my walking around, photographing, and purchasing done.

Yes, I have a shopping list.

I’m really hoping this trip will help me decide if this is something I want to pursue, or if I should relegate cooking to a hobby when I have time between other aspects of my life. Obviously, more to follow…