Monday, February 7, 2011

Feeling lazy...

So it's been a week since I've run, and I've only walked once or twice in the mean time, and I have to admit, I'm kinda liking NOT running. But there is a big part of me that feels like a bum, too. Oh, the contradictions... I think my biggest issue is that I have no accountability. My sister asks how my running is going, but that's only once or twice a month. I don't have any friends that are interested and knowledgeable enough about running to keep me accountable on a day to day, week to week, level, a byproduct of simply not having many friends. And the lack of encouragement, accountability, and motivation really bugs me. There are people in the office that run - some at more
advanced levels, some at a more intermediate level - and I know that I am the "beginner" - but it drives home that I am an outsider here in the office, and here in the sport of running, as I often am everywhere. Once again, this goal is going to be something that I have to accomplish on my own, and to be completely honest here, I don't know that I am
strong enough to even approach the goal, let alone accomplish it. Something has to give, and I am afraid of what that might be...

On a different note, I have fallen in love. Wheat Things Sundried Tomato and Basil crackers ARE AWESOME! Holy crap. I had to force myself to put the box away, they just have an addictive flavor to them that if I don't pay attention, the whole box would be gone! Wow. Seriously, try them...