Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 1 - Wednesday

(1/19/10) - 16:40
(Station treadmill)
6 minute warm up
5 min run / 1 min walk (x5)
15 minute cool down

Apparently my first day’s run was the warm up, because last night’s run hurt. Bad. My right ankle started to burn, radiating up my shin. It didn’t feel like the shin pain I’ve had in the past though – this was more burning sensation than anything. And within half an hour of stopping, the pain had gone away. I am guessing I rushed my warm up and stretching, and that was my body’s way of telling me so. I actually had to take a couple breaks to stretch out my calf muscle, although it really didn’t help much.

Oh, and I think I broke the station’s treadmill – it not makes a horrendous squeaking noise, making it all but unusable. Great…

A coworker, who is an exercise fanatic, set a goal for 1 million exercise heartbeats this year. He cracks me up sometimes. He’s using simple math – his average heart rate and the length of his workout, and keeping track of the number. Out of shear curiosity, I figured mine out – for just this week, my heart has beat 12,951 times while exercising. Not bad for just two short workouts. Not sure if I will keep track of that number or not (most likely, not…) but it’s something interesting. I just want to run my 10k without dying.