Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 1 - Monday

(1/17/10) - 21:20
(Station treadmill)
6 minute warm up
5 min run / 1 min walk (x6)
6 minute cool down

Surprisingly, I was able to maintain this for the entire duration. I concentrated on smaller steps, although I did NOT use that wretched metronome. I noticed that towards the end of the workout, I was getting sloppy with my form - going to have to work on that one. But I didn't have any ankle or shin pain... I kept waiting for it, but none came. The stretching exercises I've been doing must be paying off! Maybe it'd work better if I did them more regularly, too. :-)

I did notice a bit of tightness on the outside of my right knee, though. Not sure if I mis-stretched, or if there's something more to it. I will see how it feels in the morning...

For a "first workout", I ended feeling very good about myself... once I get my cardio up, I'm sure things will be better yet.