Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I think I can, I think I can...

"You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter, former First Lady.

That says it good. I know what I want, but I don't know that I have the confidence to get me there. I'm still searching for a restaurant to give me my 6 months of experience - hard to do when you don't have any experience to get you the job. Just short of volunteering to work in a kitchen, something I can't really afford to do right now, I'm not sure how to get a position.

And even if I do get the experience, will I be able to find a way to pay for such an adventure? It's not a cheap school, and I don't have an immediate way to pay for much of anything. Without loans, scholarships and grants, I highly doubt it will happen. Unfortunately, I am probably not eligible for a scholarship, since it's been so long since I took any formal classes, and I already have my two degrees.

I don't know. Lots of things to figure out...