Saturday, July 9, 2011

My week...

Well, after last weekend’s adventures to the CIA, I’ve spent a large portion of the little spare time I have this week researching local restaurants that I am considering sending in resumes to. I’m just not real certain how to word the cover letter. I mean, I’m a career-changer, but I’m not committing to changing careers just yet – at least not until I know I am accepted into the CIA, can afford to go, and that everything else has fallen into place. THEN, and only then, I will tell my boss I’m leaving… not a second sooner. But I don’t want a potential restaurant to look at that and throw out my application just because I’m looking for part time work, as opposed to truly becoming a part of the staff.

I actually spent a lot of time on the ambulance and medic units this week… Tuesday was my only day off, and after I went to Borders to look for a book and then got home, it was getting too late to go get groceries for dinner – so Chinese it was! We have a great local Chinese restaurant right around the corner, and once the owners get to know you, they will make your dish to order if you ask. So my sweet and sour chicken had lots of extra stir fry veggies thrown in with it… unfortunately, I didn’t get a pic of it.

I’m becoming a bit down as the week comes to an end. First, I’m tired. It’s been a short work week, but a long week, nonetheless. Finances always make me feel down, and this was “pay the bills” week. And then there’s the mind games my head plays with me… my heart very rarely listens to anything my head tells me… and unfortunately, it’s run amuck this week.

I’ve gotten in a few good runs this week, though, and that’s helped. I always feel so much better on the days I can run. I really need to get my bike fixed and fitted, so I can start cross training with that on off-days, too. There are times I wish I had someone to train with… or that I belonged to a gym, so that I would have some sort of interaction with people. Then I remember that most people don’t like me and it’s safer for everyone if I just keep running solo. Oh well, it is what it is…