Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Second-guessing my goals

I have decided to take the entire week off. After all, I am on vacation. Besides, I'm not crazy about exercising in front of people (even family...) But the week has also given me some time to reflect on what I am planning to do. Am I being too ambitious? I mean, a 10K in March. A 5k in May. And a marathon in October? I can't even run a single mile without walking right now... I'm lucky if I can go half a mile most days!

I think the real kicker for me was watching my sister run on mom's new 'mill. My sister is a natural athlete. Everything "sports" has come easy to her. I don't ever remember her having to put a lot of effort into anything to be able to be good at it. Yes, she practiced to get her pitching aim better, but the act of throwing came naturally. So does running. She flows smoothly, she has a steady pace and controlled breathing. I look like a retarded water buffalo compared to her.

Perhaps my opinions will change when I get home... but it's been a disappointing week for me.