Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Holupchi

Got that? Yeah, my reaction was the same. Translation is "Stuffed Cabbage", or something similar. And boy, oh boy, is it ever good!

Basically, a concoction of rice, beef, pork, onion and spices, cooked together, then wrapped in steamed cabbage leaves, and cooked again.

I have to admit now, I didn't cook them. Yet. But my wife's Great-Aunt Helen did, and she's a great cook! We feasted on these, along with lots of other home-cooked goodies, most of the weekend. She gave me the recipe, and I will try them in the hopefully-near future. When I do, I will post the recipe (unless I am told that it is some long-kept family secret...) and some pictures.

Coming Soon! Cowboy Spaghetti.
Another Rachael Ray "Express Lane Meals" recipe (p. 60-61), this one looks to be a bit more involved than the last, and has some of my favorite flavors in it, so I am really looking forward to it. Obviously, I will post my notes after the fact...