Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10 Personal Questions

I had a decent weekend in the kitchen, but I haven't had time to write it all down, so until I do, here's something "canned" to get you by... sometimes I wonder if I share to much with you... hmmm.

10 Personal Questions

What do you have on your bedside table?

On top:  My alarm clock, my cell charger, a Rosary, a pistol (I take home protection into my own hands… literally…) and a picture of a close friend.  Under, on the shelves:  Assorted books, a Bible, and the lockbox for said pistol.

Do you have a tattoo?

Two, actually.  One is an Native American symbol that represents peace, tranquility, and is often used in funeral ceremonies to represent the land after death.  The other is a custom design incorporating the Maltese Cross (firefighter symbol), the Star of Life (EMT symbol), some flames, and some angel wings.  I need to get my EKG added to it, though, to represent being an ALS provider now…

And don’t get me started on designs in progress!

Do you believe in abstinence prior to marriage?

I did not practice abstinence.  My ex-wife did.  There was a lot of issue with that difference.  She didn’t like that I wasn’t a virgin, I had trouble trying to get her to relax and explore herself more.  I am not condoning meaningless sex, but if it’s with someone special, then I believe it adds a new dimension of closeness to your relationship.  I do think teens should wait until they are with someone they care about, and not just whomever they are dating.  Sex is special, even if you don’t wait until marriage.

What is your worst habit?

I am stubborn, bullheaded – Irish and German in one person.  I live for the moment, usually at the expense of the future.  And I am infinitely insecure about who I am as a person… although, I am making strides in the right direction with that.  And I have a very long fuse that burns extremely quickly, with a bad temper behind it.

How do you handle finances in your relationship?  Or, how would you like to handle money in your future relationship?

My ex and I didn’t have any set rules – we each had our own accounts, and were responsible for set bills.  But we didn’t divide equally – while I made 60% of the income, I was responsible for 85% of the regular bills, so I always felt like I was falling behind, while she was stocking money in her bank account.  When we divorced, it became clear to me how unequal things had been.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

No clue.  Besides, I was recently told that the name Jason is sexy.  I’m cool with that… 

Where do you want to go on your next vacation?

Oh my.  I have a typed list that is five pages long of the places I want to go, things I want to see or do.  So it’s really hard to decide upon one.

What is one political cause you feel strongly about?

Our failing welfare system.  Why is it I have to take a drug test to get a job, but the millions on welfare don’t have to take one to get free money?!  And stop rewarding jobless people for having more kids – it’s more cost effective for them to get pregnant and live off of my taxes than it is to find a job.

Have you ever stolen anything?

Yes.  Not proud of that.

Tell us something embarrassing about yourself.

Curious George is my favorite “famous person”.  He lives life as if it’s his last day, and always looks for the positive, the fun, and the creative in everything he does.