Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Anyone have a towel?

Yeah, thinking I have wasted a couple hundred bucks...

Went for a short run after work this afternoon, before I have to go to the station for my duty shift. Planned to do a quick 2 mile out and back... needless to say, it was a wreck. Within the first mile, I had shin and ankle pain... not as painful as it has been in the past, but still painful enough to make me walk... and it never went away. Starting to think the shin splints are more like stress fractures...

I am supposed to run the Irish Spring 10k next weekend - 9 days away. How in the world am I going to go 6.2 miles if I cannot even go 2 miles at an easy pace.

And I will not even begin to talk about the marathon in October... like I said, I think the marathon entry fee was wasted money...